Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blog numero dos!

After sitting here pondering through my "nonfiction literary history", I've came to realize that i don't actually have much to list and discuss about this topic. i suppose this is because I typically find myself to be more into other types of books, rather than autobiographies and such. So, from what i can recall the nonfiction books i have read are...

-All But My Life, by Gerda Weissmann Klein
-The Diary of Ann Frank
and
-The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt, by Eleanor Roosevelt

Out of these three, I would have to say my favorite would be The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt. Something about his women amazes me. Her many accomplishments includes leading women's organizations, youth movements, fighting for consumer welfare, civil rights, and improved housing.

The Diary of Ann Frank demonstrates a young and innocent girl whom kept a diary with her to write about her life during the dreaded Holocaust. A philosophy from this novel that can correspond to life is to stay strong. Throughout her diary, she stays strong, and doesn't stop believing, even with all the hardships she had to face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment